2021 Rosy Gris

This wine celebrates the natural coloured skins of the Pinot Gris grape, which have a rosy, coppery hue. It is a distinct wine style called ramato, meaning ‘copper’ in Italian, and lands somewhere between an orange wine and a rosé. With the added textural component that the skin contact gives the wine, it is extremely food-friendly and partners up with a wide array of dishes. Bottled without fining or filtration.

$26.00
$150.00
$280.00

Tasting Notes

Ripe apricot, orange rind and lemon pith; fun and fresh.

Alcohol
12.8% alc/vol
Bottle Volume
750ml
Region
Macclesfield, Adelaide Hills
Winemaker Notes
70% of the grapes were destemmed and left on skins for 36 hours, before being pressed and undergoing a cool fermentation. The other 30% sat on skins to start a wild yeast fermentation, then basket pressed after 7 days to finish fermentation in older, neutral French barriques.
Food Pairing
Rockmelon wedges wrapped with prosciutto and basil.