Loading... Please wait...

Main & Cherry 2016 Sangiovese 6 or 12 Pack

This product is available for pre-order only

The above price of $25 indicates the per bottle price, SAVE $40 when purchasing by the dozen. FREE DELIVERY when ordering 12 or more wines. We ship within Australia only.

Main & Cherry 2016 Sangiovese


Macclesfield vineyard, Adelaide Hills
Vines planted 2000
Altitude 360 – 380 metres
Clones – Piccolo and Grosso (H6V9) on own roots

Grown in bright red clay in Macclesfield, from the same vineyard as our Tempranillo, and harvested on 10th April, 2016. A portion (30%) was fermented on skins for 90 days in our large egg-shaped ceramic amphora. The other 70% was tradionally open top fermented, then basket pressed to seasoned French Hogsheads for 10 months of maturation. It was bottled without any fining or filtration.

A fresh, lush style with layers of juicy raspberry, Morello cherry and earthiness. The extended skin contact has resulted in lingering berry flavours that are framed by a lovely savoury tannin structure, beautifully balanced acidity and a silky finish.

Alc: 14.0%

2015 Sangiovese - 94 points James Halliday
"Light but clear colour; fragrantly intense on both the bouquet and palate with pure red and morello cherry fruit typical of the variety, and a carpet of fine tannins. One is only left to conjecture what was the character of each of the components, for the blend has an air of logic and inevitability about it.."

Product Reviews

Write Review

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!